We are a Canadian web design agency working with small business clients in a variety of niches around the country. For the past 10+ years in business we have established ourselves as a boutique agency, specializing in high quality WordPress websites and on-going maintenance, as well as services that extend to graphic design, photography and online marketing. We have a close working relationship with our clients and tend to manage their full digital portfolio, providing services and client updates on an ongoing basis.
We are seeking a part-time, contract web/graphic designer with excellent, modern design skills, as well as strong WordPress knowledge, in particular experience using Elementor page builder. The position will require weekly zoom trainings for the first 6 weeks, after which zoom meetings will be on an as-needed basis. This position is a remote 20 hour/week contract with the goal to expand the role and increase hours for the right candidate. We want someone with a strong desire to learn and a problem solving attitude.
All applicants must have excellent English and communication skills, strong attention to detail, more than 4 years experience in web/graphic design and strong Photoshop skills. As well, the ideal person should be able to do the following:
- Follow creative direction and apply existing branding standards/design patterns
- Update and add features to existing websites (primarily using Elementor page builder)
- Research, install and configure plugins as required
- Customize WordPress themes using CSS
- Problem solve client requests and work with little supervision/direction
- Use FTP to access website files and make content edits to HTML websites
- Source appropriate stock images/graphics where needed
- Create and update existing digital and print media files (using Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Color correct images, crop, resize and create graphics in a variety of file formats (using Photoshop)
- Communicate with clients directly and professionally as needed
- Update notes/project status using our existing project management system (ClickUp)
- Provide bi-weekly updates on the status of projects
- Closely follow best practices in web design
- Location: Remote
- Starting: August 16, 2021
- Duration: Long term
- Hours: 20 per week (50% must be completed Mon-Fri 9-5pm MST)
* Applications will be accepted until July 30, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with questions and for zoom interview the second week of August. Please only apply using the following form, not through other means such as email or social media.